Monday, June 10, 2013

Workouts 6/3-6/9

Monday 3rd- run 5.5, swim 1400 (main set 2x300)
Tuesday 4th- bike 26 miles
Wednesday 5th- swim 1400, run 1 mile warm up, 6x800 with a 400 jog in between, 1 mile cool down
Thursday 6th- off
Friday 7th- bike Eagle rock, 22 miles
Saturday 8th- run 13 miles, swim 2000 y
Sunday 9th- bike home to Leavenworth 56 miles RT
That ride felt like the longest ride ever. I was so wiped from Fridays field day and workouts, then Saturdays 13 mile run and the open water swim totally wore me out! Think 2 naps, went to Ricks and fell asleep, then again at my house later!
Fortunately (I rode w Rick Sunday) he had done a crazy 6 hour mountain bike ride Saturday so he was feeling it too, but we took off into a decent head wind, and the legs and mind were just not there! I have a rule when I ride, I don't stop, I don't do the whole stop half or 3/4 of the way, I like to ride non stop then reward, but today the only thing I could think of was I needed coffee so at mile 45 we did stop at Anjou to fill waters and grab an Americano, felt better, but the reason I don't stop is everything tightens up and it makes it hard to get going, was very thankful for the tail wind!

Loved being on this again!
This pretty much saved me!
After this weeks workouts, I felt no guilt about lying on the couch soaking in the early evening rays on Sunday!

No comments: