Thursday, April 10, 2014

Seventeen

Seventeen years ago today, at 8:08 pm I became a mother. The most important day of my life, and one that would change my focus and priorities forever.
(Sorry for the grainy photo, pre digital age)
My son entered the world (ironically) seventeen days early (I'd like to think he was in a hurry to meet me), and within 40 minutes of arriving at the hospital (the fact that I failed to realize I was in labor might indicate I have a high tolerance for pain). Weighing in at 7lbs 13oz.
It was instant love. I knew I would always love and protect this perfect being. He had spells of apnea that first night. The next 24 hours brought about the worst feelings of fear I have ever experienced. Going into the third day we were given answers to these spells that eased our worries. He essentially was in such a hurry he hit his head on my pelvic bone and ended up with a sub dermal hematoma.
These last seventeen years have flown by at a ridiculously fast rate. I have loved everyday of being his Mom. I love this kid with all my heart,  think he is amazing and an absolute joy to be around. I look forward to all the future will bring him!
Never too old for a party.
I may have been the one that has always wanted to get this cake.
So fun!
The crazy bunch! Siblings/cousins
 
 

No comments: