Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Weekend Part II

Lets just say wedding planning is overwhelming, and I am only on step one, picking a venue. We had appointments at three different places in the Methow Valley and running into friends at the pub, found a fourth to swing by. We thought we had a date semi planned but each venue was so different we had a different idea for each. Thankfully (and maybe this isn't a good thing) Rick and I are so much alike in this, neither of us really cares about a "big" show, we care about having an intimate special day and sharing it with our friends and family. You'd think since this is my second go at marriage I would be a pro. Not the case, first time was in 1998, before the interet was used much. I simply called a number in the back of a bridal magazine, talked to a lady at the Royal Lahaina Resort and picked from three options, viola, that was it. I like that. I am pretty sure this is why my friends have stepped in and offered to plan my wedding, thank goodness!! Unfortunately, friends and family we are no closer to picking a date and location than we were before, if anything we're tossing around a few more ideas. Sorry! However we did come away with the feeling that apparently others do plan ahead of time and we actually do need to secure a place, because each placed "checked" their calendars and already had events on the books, yikes!
I'm liking this long engagement, and I'm liking just pondering all the different ideas, but I promise we will get something narrowed down soon.

After our wedding venue scouting we rewarded ourselves with a gorgeous hike up the Noth Cascades Hwy called Blue Lake. This is an easy under 5 mile hike, that is gorgeous and perfect for kids. The views were stunning most of the way, the Lake offered multiple places to vedge and sit in privacy by it.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Selfie at the Lake!
 
 

No comments: