Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mom Time and Fresh Air

There may be an advantage to single parenting, and that is, when we want to go, we go!  We had nothing on the schedule this weekend, except Apple Blossom, but I was craving some solitude and alone time with my kids, and no distractions. So we peaced out to my favorite place, the Methow Valley.   I LOVE taking these opportunities to spend 3 days with them.  I am always humbled  these are my kids.  They are funny, smart, caring, thougthful kids.  To NOT have to run around and do errands, and shuttle to and from, but instead wake when we want, eat breakfast together, hike and chat, have lunch, sit in the hot tub, have dinner, sit around and read....together for 3 days is pure bliss to me.  I think all three of us came back refreshed!
I've said before, but I'll say it again.  I think the greatest thing I will ever do in life is be their Mom.  I want each and everyday with them to count.  My gift to them is these experiences and my time.  At the end of the day, I want to know I have given all of myself I could give to them....they are two of the loves of my life.

* On a photo note, I took almost a 100 photos.  I'm limiting myself to 10 on here (and that's hard), but I did post 20 on FB!










2 comments:

Kristen said...

What are those pretty rocks you're holding? You pics are amazing! Just lovely. I love how your bond with your kids really shows - it's obvious what a great relationship you have!

blessings to you!

Kristen said...

Hey Jenni, can i ask you a quick blog question? I just switched over to the new blogger and my photos are now really small. How do you get yours to be so large? Is it your template that does it? I'm so frustrated!