Monday, May 28, 2012

Kindred Soul

I am grateful to have met my kindred spirit/soul.  Long weekends away from my kids are hard for me, and I thank God Rick understand this and realizes distraction is good!  I couldn't have imagined a better distraction than a weekend in the Methow.  My favorite area of the Methow is Mazama, so this is where we stayed...no cell service, and I couldn't have been happier.  My ex and my sister had the land line number to the cabin, we were good to go!
We shared Saturday with my sister and her family, I just wish they could've stayed the weekend with us.  However super proud of her, she ran the Mazama 10k trail run with me (that's actually 6.6miles), its not an easy run, has some serious climbs in it.  Cal ran the kids 1k, he was awesome!
Made a few trips to the Mazama store for Blue Star coffee, and snicker doodles (my favorite and they are wickedly good there)....oh, and if you are ever there, go back by the bathroom, I dare you to try to pass up the ice cream (and this is coming from a girl that follows  close to a vegan diet)!
We did find a new favorite (along with Twisp River Pub), the health food store in Twisp serves amazing , fresh yummy food!
I love that I am able to share my life with someone so compatible.  To be someplace and think and feel the same.  I never knew....
Drive in Friday evening

Hunter's getting ready to run

....Ben too

Me and my Sis..ready.  Our race numbers are on under our shirts, hence both our shirts poofing out

These two had some lively conversations!

At the Twisp River Pub



Thank you to my love, for being so patient with me, learning a new level of cycling!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your happiness shows!