Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I love Mothers Day, and who better to spend the day with  than the two that made me a Mother!  This weekend is actually their Dad's weekend, but per our agreement I get to have them Mother's day, and he Father's day. So I actually got a little bonus present with them coming home a day early!
It has been a perfect weekend (other than I am waiting patiently for my man to get home from Moab!). 
The girls and I got together Friday for Happy Hour, it's been WAY too long.   Then Saturday I enjoyed the most beautiful 64 mile ride.  We parked at Anjou (because we don't like to stop mid ride) rode Leavenworth and added going up the icicle to the dirt road and back!
Kids came home at 5,  more than ready to get home.  We packed up quickly and took off to Seattle to spend the night and go to the ZOO!  The kids and I LOVE zoo's, really anything with a mammal exhibit!  It was perfect!  I will say though we stopped at the Queen Ann Trader Joe's and leaving there I was reminded I am no longer a city girl.  Loved living just outside of San Fran in my twenties, now I crave open space, trees, no traffic and spotting cell service (yep the Methow was on my mind).  Home now an settling in to watch the Matrix 3!
Happy Mothers Day Mom, Du and Oma...and to my best friends that are truly amazing, committed Mothers!
I can watch orangutangs forever

Oh and Gorilllas (remember Diane Fossey, I was obsessed)

Thanks for the fun pic Luke!

1 comment:

West Coast Scribe said...

What a great weekend, Jenni! Thinking of you and sending big hugs to one SUPER mama! XO!