Friday, January 11, 2013

Fridays

This time a year I might be partial to Fridays. I get excited to wake up,  make the kids a big breakfast, work in Lo's classroom, then take off to Leavenworth and ski.
I started taking Fridays off after my ex left, mainly because I was having mommy guilt about Lo having to go to daycare at 6 am so many mornings a week. I've always been able to pick them up everyday after school, but because I work so early in the morning their Dad used to take them. When he left I adjusted my schedule for late start Mondays, then started taking off Fridays, Lo thought this was the greatest, and quite honestly so did I.

My world at the time felt like a tailspin, but I found by making myself get in the routine of heading up to ski every Friday provided a time to myself where I could think and clear my head.  It was the most therapeutic thing I could do for myself. It's since evolved, and I still love it,, but there's now a little community of women (and a few men), sometimes we carpool, we always see each other there, ski here and there together, then meet at the pantry when we're done. It's a mixed bunch, married, divorced and widowed, but we're all moms, out enjoying our time while doing something good for ourselves.

*funny note today, I got up there after my friend L but saw her a couple times out there. It was 15 degrees, which is doable it just takes a little longer to warm up. Once I got warmed up I figured I may as well stay out there, got done with 3 laps and felt pretty dang good (24k), only to go in and chat w L who had done 5 laps (40k), this woman is amazing! She's humble, gracious and provides a ton of inspiration!
Cheers To Friday!


No comments: