Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's cold

I did something I've never done before, I got up early while the kids were sleeping drove up to Leavenworth to ski, then came home as they woke and made breakfast. I knew it was supposed to be cold, and my kids would not want to go. They are at ages now where I feel the need to respect their choice to participate or not in activities I am doing.
I'm really glad I did it and now that I'm home and warm, it feels good. Thing is I kind of imagined a full parking lot of people wanting to beat the weekend crowd, was a little surprised, and panicked to be the ONLY car, gave myself a pep talk and came up with a plan to stay on the front loop until others arrived (didn't want to be cougar bait in the back meadow). As I got ready to take off I noticed a familiar car and was so happy to see a friend, just knowing someone else was out there gave me a peace of mind. My plan was to take no more than 2 hours 15 minutes from leaving my house and getting home. I can ski and 8k loop, when it's fast in just under 30 minutes so I figured I had time for 3 loops, good plan but it was only 8 degrees out when I finished. Was having a hard time keeping my face, hands and feet warm, core was fine. 2.5 was all I could stand (20k). The beauty of driving up alone is cranking my heat up really high and listening to music. It was a perfect morning. Asked Lo what we should do the rest of the day, she said nothing, she wants to stay home, and that sound fabulous to me! Have a good weekend!

Pardon the no makeup, but check out the ice crystals in my hair, pretty sure my face is pink because it's frozen!
8 degrees...when I finished

No comments: