Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hello Legs

This was too gorgeous to not share!
The view from my first ride outside in 6 weeks! I have tolerance for the trainer for about 4 weeks, and refuse to go to the gym in the winter (sick sweaty people not cleaning their machines well enough, and sick kids in the child care, no thanks). I have winter riding gear, but know myself well enough to know that below 35 degrees makes me grumpy. Today was 38 and I over dressed (fine by me)! Aired up my cross bike, got my winter riding gloves out ( thank you Rick for that awesome gift. If your hands get cold easy, GORE makes the best winter riding glove), and set off to Eaglerock, where the sun was shining. I may have been a little too ambitious for the first ride out, took off up Burch Mtn Rd. the legs burned, but my lungs felt fine,then 1 more hill up Lovel to April, this ones not as bad! I was smiling so big the whole time, my teeth were cold!
Great ride, but may have given too much, my pool workout tonight felt like I was pulling a 5 gallon bucket!

No comments: