Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bummer

We're down, at least 3 of the 4 of us.  Lo came down with a cough and cold yesterday.  I was in denial that I had it (I thought I must've overdone it with back to back hard swims), but today there was no denying it, I feel like crap. Luke's the only one holding strong.  It's nothing bad just annoying. 
The plus side is getting the day to snuggle with my girl.  I know I blog a lot about the free time I now have, but my greatest love, and where I would drop everything is just taking it in with my kids.  I loved when they were little, and my workouts, at most consisted of walking the dog and stroller.  I remember wanting so badly to get off work to get home to them.  I  have a very tight bond with both of my kids, and I will NEVER regret the time I spent with them opposed to working out, or going out.  I am glad that in my twenties I actually had that wisdom of how fast that time flies, and how the time spent then is the  building blocks to the future relationship with them.
I was recently reading an article on a parenting style, I didn't know the way I parented had a name, but now it does.  Here's a brief little article on attachment parenting.  Yep I was one of those, I nursed Lo until 18 months (planned to go until she was 2, but she stopped), and Luke slept in my bed until the year before his sister was born and then Lo for the next few years.  When my ex left, that very night Lo moved her eye shades and alarm clock in my room and came back to my bed.  A gesture that melted my heart.  There were no spankings or cry outs in this house.  I don't judge, you do what parenting works for you, but this is the way I chose to parent.
As much as I don't want her sick, or the rest of us, being able to stop and just snuggle on the couch and watch movies is pretty sweet.
My go to remedy every time

1 comment:

Kristen said...

you are an amazing mama! hope everyone feels better soon!