Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Best Day

At 8:08 pm (and yes I am aware that's Hawaii's area code, coincidence? I think not) April 10th 1997, my son was born. The course of my life and meaning to it would forever change for the better. It saddens me that 16 years have gone by so fast, when I want to savor every moment, yet at the same time these 16 years have brought more joy to my life than I could've imagined. I am both terrified and excited to have to have him driving. I kind of want to keep him buckled up in the safety of my car!
It's amazing to think I was only a few years older than him when I had him. The bond between us and what we share is unbreakable. On April 10th I was blessed, to have been given the job of being his Mother! On this day we celebrate and make it all about him. I've taken off work to do breakfast, lunch then take him on the trip to the DOL!

No comments: