Sunday, April 7, 2013

Movies, Hikes and Snuggles

I did it!  I managed to stay home, and not fly off during Spring Break.  I REALLY wanted to fly..anywhere! Up until Wednesday when the kids came home I was looking for a quick deal to get away, but the problem is I have almost met the financial goals I  set for myself.  Also I have money set aside for new carpet, this of course was the money I was going to blow on a 4 day vacation...sniff sniff.  Then I switched my thoughts to a weekend trip to Seattle, but truth is I don't like Seattle, then to the Methow, but was just up there, and it's the in between season, Chelan but wasn't too thrilled about kenneling my dogs for a night up 40 minutes away.  So movies, hikes and snuggling won, and it was great!

There's a pattern I've started to see with Lo when she returns from her Dads.  Most of her time there is spent playing and entertaining his girlfriends two little girls, she enjoys it and is VERY good with them, but when she comes home she is so loud.  Not in a bad way, just a little obnoxious.   I call it switching gears and know how to deal with it, but at first it would drive me crazy.  In order to be heard at her Dads and  "share" space and time, she's loud.  It's an adjustment from my house, where quite honestly it's all about her.
This time was no different, other than I could tell she needed a little extra special time with just me.  Thursday after work we went home changed into comfy clothes and watched Gilmore Girls (our favorite).  Then yesterday I woke both kids up early, and we took off to hike Sauer Mountain, one of my favorite spring hikes, just us.  It was wonderful.  Last night Lo was snuggled up on the couch with Rick  and me watching Incredible's, when she fell asleep on my lap.  I took it all in, she really is changing and growing into a teen, but it's these moments she gets to be a child.
Scenes from Sauer:





No comments: