Monday, April 1, 2013

Me Time..

I really contemplated with the idea of peacing out of town while the kids spent 4 days at their dads, but decided to stay put.  Normally I'd work a ton while they were away, but I was kind of craving some me time, and the weather was forecasting 70 degrees, so I scheduled myself half of what I'd normally do, and have been having the most wonderful solo vacation at home.  Long bike rides, trail runs without any time constraints, swimming, laundry, cleaning, reading and walking the dogs each day.  Heat's off in the house and windows are opened.  Dare I say I am really enjoying myself.  I start to feel a tad guilty, but then I think, this is rare in my life.  Some parents  are with out their kids for days, every week. This happens for me only twice a year (thank goodness), I think it's ok to be guilt free.  It use to devastate me, but now I'm starting to adjust.  It helps that my kids are 11 and almost 16, and not as dependant on me.  They know how to communicate with their Dad, and call and text me whenever.  As much a I love to travel, it has been just as lovely (this time) to stay put as well.  I've also loved this time alone, but VERY glad it only happens every so often, I look forward to my little people being home!
Getting dropped on Deadmans, so took the time to take a picture


Heading up to Dry Gulch, Kaiser thought it was a lake to play in

No comments: