Monday, April 15, 2013

Book List Add Ons

Most of you know it's rare that I watch t.v unless it's Lo and I sitting down to watch Gilmore Girls DVDs, or sometimes House Hunters in bed.  My love is in books.  I love to read and ALWAYS have a book in my bag with me in case I find myself with a few free minutes.  I haven't been very good about updating my list but here are a few note worthy reads I've read the last few months.

The Immortal Like of Henrietta Lacks- by Rebecca Skloot
-fascinating book that brings up so many discussions

The Still Point of the Turning World- Emily Rapp
-very sad (you know from the beginning the outcome) but beautifully written tribute to this authors son.  I got the same feeling reading this as I did years ago with Tuesdays with Morrie, only instead of an adult with ALS this is an infant with Tay Sachs.

Let My People Go Surfing- Yvon Chouinard
-Let's just say, you may only want to buy Patagonia after reading this

I'm currently reading:  The Mistress's Daughter by A.M Holmes, so far so good!

No comments: