Thursday, April 25, 2013

Just a Run

My running funk seems to be over, for now.  Possibly the longest lasting funk I've ever been in.  Hitting the trails has certainly helped.  Last summer I started running Sage, then when the fires hit discovered trail running Lake Valhalla, and it kind of took off from there.  Luckily there is some fabulous trails right here in town, and they've peaked my interest and kept boredom at bay!

Today I set off for a quick 5ish mile tempo run, wearing these:
 
I have been a long time user of compression socks.  I wear them often after long runs, traveling,  and when I've had a busy week I wear them at work since I am on my feet for over 6 hours.    Today was a first, I didn't take them off after work and ran in them!  I get it, they were sweet.  Not sure if it's the fact that I was out of my running funk or the socks but took off feeling like a rockstar, until I hit mile 2.  My previous nights Indian food and running DO NOT go well together (there's a new Indian restaurant within walking distance to my house, a vegetarians dream).
I won't go into details (that's just not apporpriate) but the next 3 miles home were interesting.
 
Good socks, good run, Indian food just needs to be reserved for the night before bike days!

2 comments:

Kirsten Kim said...

I have those shoes! I love to run in them.

Jenni said...

I LOVE them!