Saturday, June 28, 2014

A Week Ago

It's funny how when I try to work less I end up working more. I'm on vacation now so finally getting around to blogging.
Last weekend was one of those amazing weekends that made me grateful for my friends and where I live.
We had our annual (2nd) non-motorized progressive summer solstice party. Hours and hours of huge smiles and laughter. We biked to four houses for a beverage and appetizers. It grew a little from last year and planning to make it even bigger next year. I am so glad I have friends that when we get together it is so much fun for all. The gals and guys are all good friends, everyone is talking and laughing with everyone, impromptu dance parties in kitchens, and LOTS of talks of bikes and strava KOMs!
Highlights from the evening
 
 
 
 
The next morning, I had mad plans to hike up to Colchuck and run down.....at 7 am (turned into 7:30). In my opinion no better way to take care of a mild hang over than to get out in nature. I love my friends, and experiencing things like this with them is amazing. I consider myself lucky we have such beauty just a 45 minute drive to the trailhead away. Even more lucky that I have friends that love to do it too!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: