Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer

Is the best. I LOVE having the kids home. Wenatchee and the outlying areas like Chelan and Leavenworth are a giant playground for us! Hiking, biking, swimming, it's all great around here. The kids go to their Dads two evenings a week in the summer, and while I wish they were here every night it's not as bad in the summer because we have everyday together. I love my job but I work less in the summer to enjoy our days. The days are busy and it seems like my kids have something going all the time but there is a relaxed feel to it.
 
Like afternoon swims, then not brushing my hair for the rest of the day
 
With an extra evening free, there's time with friends
The only downside, on the days I work I don't want to miss my afternoons with the kids so I workout before work at a ridiculously early hour (with the exception of noon swims)
Before the sun actually rises....early, but there's a beautiful calm to it.
 
 

No comments: