Monday, June 2, 2014

Obie Appreciation

Trying to appreciate Obie.... today. He got to walk Lo to school, which means every ten steps smelling all kinds of goodness, heading to school we are in a bit of a rush. Coming home today though I thought he's old and this is his favorite thing in the whole world, needless to say it was the slowest quarter mile walk home.
This is happy Obie
This dog is one I insisted on at the Humane Society (nine years ago) when he was two years old. Those sad eyes sucked me in. Problem is, he is really naughty, very stubborn, he doesn't listen, and he's been the most expensive dog I have ever ownedbetween getting bailed out of doggy jail and all his health ailments, but I love him. In an odd way I find his nighttime ritual of licking his whole bed, then falling deep asleep snoring quite loud, very endearing! I think he is so cute in the morning when I have to wake him up and when he realizes he is awake and gets so excited.We often talk for Obie, which is really fun. Most importantly he does make me laugh EVERY day. So today I am making a conscience effort to appreciate him!
 

3 comments:

Kristen said...

That is so sweet!! My sister had a basset that I was left in charge of one week while they were on vacation (this was years and years ago when I was just out of college, so *maybe* less responsible that I am now..??) Anyway, she wandered off on my watch and was never seen by us again! As much as we all missed her, I think it might have been a slight relief for my sister, who at the time had 3 kids under 8 years old. However, I always felt so badly about it! Those Bassets aren't for the faint of heart, haha!

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh! I get it though, he's wandered off more times than I can count, to the point where if the humane society got a call they'd just call me! I'm going to go with it was a relief, and the dog probably chose another home!

Kristen said...

That's too funny about the Humane Society! Yes, I like to think she got snapped right up by a new owner too - God Bless them ;)