Thursday, June 19, 2014

Welcome Back Camera

I've done the very thing I swore I wouldn't do, I let my iPhone replace my camera. If you recall I reluctantly threw in the towel and entered the smart phone world back in October. I knew the camera was going to be great to have and convenient , but I told myself I would still take photos with my camera. That lasted all of a week. On vacation in Hawaii and New York this year I used my iPhone for all my pictures. It takes decent pictures but it's not as enjoyable. On Saturday when Lo and I did Eightmile I brought my camera out with my prime lens, loved what I came home with. Going out I shot with my Nikon and coming back my phone, there was a huge difference.
Today Lo and I got off work early and set off (again) for Valhalla with Kaiser in the car. We made it about a mile from the trailhead before being turned back by too much snow slides and deep mud (thank goodness for my CRV)! So I left it up to her and we went to the Icicle to the gorge trail figuring we could do a nice slow run. It's very flat, pretty, and short (4miles). I shot the entire time with my Nikon and am so enjoying it again. That's my goal, keep finding the joy in photography with my actual camera.
It should be noted when Lo and I are in the car our agreed upon music is Mamma Mia and Les Miserables. With all the driving we made it through Mamma Mia three times, belting out every singing song, we know all the words. It was a fun day. Love this girl of mine.
 
 
 
 
 
Another ritual is milkshakes after. This is after a kaiser had his pup cup,clearly my dog had a great day
 
 

No comments: