Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Big Day (still TBD)

This much I know, wedding planning is NOT my thing. I love scrolling through Pinterest and getting ideas, but beyond that it's too much. I'd like to pick my dress and turn over my Pinterest page to someone and they can deal with it!
 
A couple things, first it is an odd position to be in, having a wedding for the SECOND time. I didn't envision myself getting married again after failing the first time, then let alone considering an actual wedding and reception, but I am marrying a wonderful man, who in his forties is doing this for the first (and only) time! The wedding is important to him, his family and our friends, therefore it's important to me. I don't think of it as a "do over" from my first wedding, where I was married (at 21) in Maui, it was gorgeous, but this time there's a different importance and intimacy to it. I am marrying the right man. I want to savor the engagement, enjoy each and every moment of our creating our life together.
Ok back to the wedding planning, what I do know is we are aiming for sometime between July-October 2015. We've settled on either the Methow, a barn wedding in town, or Hawaii (I know, I know, but we love it there). I'm aware this is not really narrowing it down, but it feels like we have.
Here's a few bits of my style from my Pinterest page (I have to assume others are like me and have no clue how to search out others pages)!
 
Color scheme (again thank you Pinterest)
I love this, but also like deep purple
 
This is my beach wedding vision
 
The Methow just feels like it should have a bohemian flare to it, and I
love long sleeves
This would be an evening barn wedding. I love the 20's inspired look, love it!
So in the meantime I will keep searching out pretty pictures and hope one day it just comes to both of us what we want to do! I know my daughter will appreciate when we finally decide!
 

No comments: