Monday, April 9, 2012

Because We Can

Apple Capital Duathlon was this weekend.  My friends and I formed two teams to do.  I love to TT, so while this is a race, and yes we as a team want to win, when you team it, you essentially want to do the best "you" can do.  To me it's a test of where I am at.  I will say I was slightly disappointed in my time, I should've been able to do it about a minute and a half faster.  I've had plenty of base miles to do it.  But I made a few key mistakes 1. I hadn't been on the my orbea (TT) but once, and was unable to shift down on the big hill (would've know this had I ridden ahead of time) 2. had not done intervals in training, was more concerned with the Fondo and logging time 3. and this one just ticks me off, because I know better.  I went out WAY too hard, by the time I got to the "hill" (the entire course is hilly but there's one major hill) I couldn't shift down and my legs were feeling it.  4. spent too much time spinning it out after, and finished feeling like I had quite a bit more in the tank

I like the actual race.  I am reminded of what I need to work on! Once the race starts and the adrenaline kicks in, it's an incredible feeling.  To enhance it even more, my best friends all race.  So really nothings better than getting our exercise and hanging with them!

My only dilemma is I want to be REALLY good.  I know I am good, but I want to be better.  What it comes down to is, I don't have the time always needed.  I do this because it fits in, but at the end of the day I will never let it sacrifice time from my kids.  I am too aware of how fast the time goes with them, and to be gone for a couple hours to ride when I have them, is NOT an option for me, so I do what I can do, and will work harder with the time I do have!
I cannot say how much I love riding with this girl.  She is a constant inspiration to me!

The mini's and support crew

It is all of our hope, that we provide some sort of inspiration to our kids, to be healthy and active, and love your friends!  I am grateful to all these woman for so many things, and blessed to have them in my life!

My loyal teamates, who each ran I believe a 21 minute and 20 minute 5k!

Yet another amazing team

No comments: