Saturday, April 21, 2012

Close to Perfect

Today is one of those days that couldn't be more perfect. I had an idea in my head of how the day would go, and to most it's not the least bit exciting, but it's a day I had been looking forward to.
Weekends with the kids, I leave my phone downstairs at night, or powered off, and wake up when we want.
Got up earlier than I thought, enjoyed some Blue Star coffee (my personal home favorite right now), took the Lilo up to Rick's so I could enjoy a quick run with Kaiser by his house. Came home got dressed, picked Luke up from a friends and onto the DOL (that's not in my ideal part), Luke got his learners permit...oh lord! Onto the high school parking lot we went, poor guy I am the worst teacher. I was laughing and crying, possibly in shock that he was behind the wheel..wow!
Next four hours were spent weeding, mowing, tilling, planting, digging, watering......all in the sun. I don't know but working on your own yard and garden I love. The kids were a huge help, they cleaned the patio, got the summer furniture and hoses out, it was great.
Along those lines I have to say it's good to have that feeling back. Last year I didn't have it in me to do the garden, no energy or enthusiasm for it along with being overwhelmed with all other responsibilities. This year, I've got it! I love doing these things for my house and my kids......dare I say I like being a responsible adult, living an independent life, I think so!
To finish the evening off, that amazing man in my life took us out to dinner at SOUTH. Love that place, and love this day!




"Places" that would be..too lazy to go back in and edit!


No comments: