Sunday, April 8, 2012

Full Bellies and Happy Hearts

Just coming off of two very busy, but fabulous days.  I just had one of the most wonderful Easter weekends I can remember in a long time.  I know I have an amazing family.  I love them dearly.  But spending  time with Rick's family, they are truly amazing as well. 
We raced Saturday morning, loaded kids and Maddy into the car and drove to Tri-Cities to celebrate with Rick's family.  His Mom, Sisters, and nieces took Lo right in, within minutes they were coloring eggs (Rick has those pics, I was at the skate park with Luke, and had strict instructions NOT to get out and take pictures), she was in 7th heaven  with all the attention and crafting!  Dinner and games followed late into the evening.   It was wonderful to be a part of this with them.  I felt this way at Thanksgiving when we all got together, and really wanted my kids to be there.  Family means the world to me, above all else.  To be with someone that feels the same way, and shows so much love within their family, fills my heart completely.
Sunday we enjoyed mass in Kennewick, then a lively egg hunt and lovely breakfast before packing up and hitting the road back to Wenatchee.
Made a quick stop at home to drop things off, picked up Oma and onto my parents house we went for more egg hunting and a fabulous dinner (thanks Mom and Sis).  It was such a fun evening.  My kids adore their cousins, and my nephews certainly provide a ton of entertainment!  We left with full bellies, happy hearts and  exhausted.
Home now in bed it's fun to run the events of the weekend over in my mind.  Being that it's a day of giving thanks, I am thankful for this wonderful life, and the opportunity to enjoy it this way!

.......and Happy Easter L&L I love you both so much, you make me a happy Mom!
This might be what happens when someone drinks a fountain soda before we are even out of town, side of the road potty stop

Other than adults doing an egg hunt, all seems normal (note: we are also missing about half of Rick's family in this)

The minute Greg said "go" it got pretty serious, Luke and I were in shock!  Next year I will be better prepared, no camera!


Later in the day and egg hunt with him, he means business out there too!

This guy had trouble keeping all his eggs in his basket

She is the BEST helper ever

No comments: