Sunday, April 1, 2012

Never Too Old

Here you have it.  I woke up Saturday morning to SNOW and rain, and opted out of the Ephrata Fondo.  It was a HARD decision but back and forth texting with Erika (between being depressed about not doing it, and celebrating how bad the weather was so we didn't feel so bad), what it came down to was; yes this is a hard ride on a good day, could we do it?  For sure!  What hers and my problem would've been was staying warm enough.  I know myself very well,  and it's the one thing that can take me down.  There's a science behind it, but 2 slight built women do not stay as warm as a 180lb man on a cold wet ride, plain and simple.
There is a plus side.  The bff's have been planning to celebrate our friend Steph (who in two weeks will run the Boston Marathon), with a surprise sleepover!  It doesn't take much for us to get excited to get together.  I LOVE that I have friends like this!  I also LOVE being at a place in my life where I have balance between family, friends, and boyfriend.  I am with a man who gets its, and understands the importance of quality friend time too!
It may seem silly but we ate, we drank, talked and talked and watched a movie.  We were together because we love each other, and support each other through hards times as well as  times when a friend has accomplished her lifelong goal.   I live a blessed life indeed!



No comments: