Saturday, April 14, 2012

Claiming my Home

Staying put!  After exhausting the MLS to make sure I wasn't missing anything, and even looking at  condos in East Wenatchee *gasp*, I've decided to stay put.  It was becoming clear the amount I owe and the price of everything I was looking at was nearly the same $ amount, but compromising on everything else I want.
What I really want is a smaller house in my neighborhood (S.B if you read this, if you EVER sell your house, I want it!).
Now it's time for me to claim my home.  When my Ex left, (I realize this may sound ridiculous to some) I had a clearing done.  All the "bad" energy was removed from the home.  Personally I believed it worked, it lightened everything in here (perhaps it's all in my head, but whatever, I'll take it).  I remember the lady looking at me at the time and saying "you need to claim your home",  it's taken over a year to decide to do it!
"We" bought this house because it was ideal for our kids, the plan was to raise our kids here.  "We" could instill the value of walking/biking versus driving.  Buying fresh produce at the farmers market, living near friends and school, allowing the kids a sense of independence to walk to their friends, ride their bikes on the local trails, walk to the movies.  Because plans changed doesn't mean "I" can't do this.  "I" am going to raise my kids here in this house and neighborhood they love (truthfully it's more the neighborhood they love).
So where do I start.  Today it's the garden, the one I didn't do last year, mowing my lawn and getting the outside furniture out.  But the kids and I talked and we've come up with a bigger plan.  We have a bedroom and bathroom in the basement that is never used, we are going to start using the entire house.  First things first gutting the basement bathroom so Luke can move downstairs and have his own bathroom (3 people sharing the top floor bathroom is NOT ideal), then we will replace the floor in his old room (flooring we've had in the garage for 3 years), and Lo will move to the bigger room, and I will actually make an official office upstairs (very excited about that), the place  currently being used as pseudo office, will become a comfy cozy reading space!
This is what we call the Sh*##% in the basement, I think it's appeared one other time on the blog.  I won't be sad to see the carpet on the wall go.  What you are missing is how nasty the shower is, the fluoresent lighting, and sweet celing tiles!
Time to start the envelopes!

No comments: