Tuesday, April 10, 2012

LPH It's Your Birthday

I want to say Happy Birthday little man (and probably will), but truth is you're not so little anymore, you're 15! 
It seems like every big moment this year (entering high school, first cross country meet, first dance, now it's drivers permit) I cry.  It's not really because I am sad, it's that I love you so much.  I love experiencing all this with you, but these 15 years have gone by too fast.  In just over 3 years you will be on your own, and truth is I will miss you. (goodness I'm tearing up just thinking about it).

It's no secret, you were a surprise.  One that would change my life at 19 years old for the better.  I like to say you were only in a hurry once in your life, and that was the day you were born.  You were due April 27th, but decided the 10th was as good of day as any.  We arrived at the hospital at 7:20pm and 48 minutes later there was 7lbs 13oz of perfectness!  From there on you've never again been in a hurry for anything.  You are possibly the MOST chill person I have ever met. 
It was you and I early on (and the last few years w/Lo)  we have an unbreakable bond.   You are a delight to raise, I can't imagine anything better than being your Mom.  You're funny, smart and respectful.  I admire you in so many ways, and am always so proud of you.

I love you little man, up to the sun, the moon, the stars, beyond and back...and much much more!  Happy 15th birthday!

Love,
Mom

No comments: