Sunday, September 23, 2012

Air..more air please

I was lucky I spent 4 days away from the smoke, but my kids have been in it for almost two weeks.  We  felt it was important for them and the dogs (sorry Obie) to get some fresh air AND exercise.  We took off to Lake Valhalla, this is in Logans's word "super easy hike",  perfect for kids and a wonderful trail run for adults.  The elevation gain is gradual and spreads out over three miles, once at the lake you descend another half mile to the beach spot which is good for a picnic.  I will say it doesn't have the "wow" factor that some of the other hikes to lakes have (see previous post on Minatour, so far my favorite), but again it is the perfect hike to take your kids on and them enjoy it!  Wenatchee outdoors is my favorite sight for looking up the hikes.  They give a fitness and skill rating to each hike, this one was a 2,1 (1 being the easiest and 3 being the hardest) their distances are sometimes a little off, but the descriptions are always spot on!
The fresh air was good, and hiking with my kids, well priceless!
You think Kaiser might want to sit with Lo

First sight of the Lake

They're ready for lunch too

love sharing this with these two


Two jokesters I can't get a decents picture of together

Sign of a good hike

No comments: