Friday, September 14, 2012

Fitting it all in

Posting my workout schedule holds me accountable.  It's much easier to skip a workout if I know nobody but me knows it, so I post it.  It also lets me have a record of what I am doing.  For example this week I have been wiped!  Flat out exhausted, looked back on last weeks workouts and did a 60 mile ride one day and a 10 mile run the next, it explains things, and serves as a reminder to take it easy once in a while!
I get asked when I can fit it all in.  One skill I certainly have is time management!  I'm also a prioritize.  Most important is time spent with my kids, work and workouts come  after this. 
My schedule before Lo was in school looked NOTHING like it does now.  I would go to the gym and lift weights once or twice a week and mostly just walk with the stroller and my dog for cardio.  I was more than ok with this.  Having kids 5 years apart it felt like that time with Luke went in the blink of an eye.  I knew one day I would have time again to do other activities, but that was my time to be a Mom.  I worked a similar schedule as I do now, so afternoons I wanted to be snuggling with my girl.

Now I can  fit the work outs I do in, because I have an unconventional work schedule and my kids are in school full time.  It is RARE that I work out when my kids are home, with the exception of an early morning run here or there.  Cycling requires so much time, so it happens afternoons and Fridays, I can combined swimming, and running, or weights and running in my 3 hour afternoon window before Lo is done with crossing guard.  Weekends with the kids, unless they both end up at a friends, it's usually a light run and an off day and weekends they are at their dads, I maximize my workouts and get a long run and long ride in....

No comments: