Saturday, September 8, 2012

Family, Friends, Faith and Love

Sitting here tonight in full appreciation of all life has given me.   I have a renewed faith, amazing family that is always there for the kids and me,  the best friends a girl could ever ask for, and a love I never thought possible.  When you are comfortable with yourself, life has a way of opening doors you never thought possible.
I am thankful tonight to be in this place in life.  I am thankful for the women that came forward and spoke certain truths about my past relationship.  It gave me closure to the past, that I didn't know I needed.  I am thankful to have the mindset to listen, really listen to those that have been through similar events, and said "you will be ok".  I am grateful for a friends honesty in her fight against cancer, it puts my life in perspective.  I  am thankful I am able to appreciate all that is good in my life.  Life goes by fast, and one day your life is turned inside out and you have no idea how you got there.  Stopping to really, and I mean REALLY do some thinking about what you want out of life, and what is important is good.  A friend recently told me it's about 2nd chances.  Not a lot of us are given 2nd chances, or maybe  more fortunately most don't need 2nd chances.  I was given a 2nd chance, one that I didn't  know I needed.  I am a better person for it.  I am appreciating life everyday, the big and small.  Taking opportunities to experience it from a different view.  Breathing fresh air.  Slowing down, letting little things go.  And really, really looking at the people in my life and appreciating them. 
Life is good, and loving life is even better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post Jenni. Love you too. Missed you at Shore to Shore today. I kept looking for your smiling face and blond ponytail. Remind me to tell you about a book I am reading right now I think you might like. HUGS. Sara

Jenni said...

Thanks Sarah! I missed running this am....had logistical problems of getting Luke to the bus for X-country and me to Chelan!
Can't wait to hear the book!

Kristen said...

this was beautiful!