Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Start of Fall, and Soup Season

This was last nights dinner.  It's such a yummy and easy soup to make, and better yet, my kids love it.  My parents resurrected my grandma's old garden and dropped off an enormous bag of veggies so  I put them to use. I got the recipe from my friend Amy's blog a few years ago.

This is the recipe for Cabbage Patch Soup (keep in mind you can alter it any way...I happen to add many more carrots and corn).  Makes a large quantity, so this time I froze some.  Have never done that before, so I have no idea if it works...we'll see!

1lb Ground Beef
1 cup Chopped Onion
3 stalks Celery
1 Carrot (I do 4-6)
1 tsp Garlic Salt
1 16oz can stewed tomatoes
3 beef bouillon cubes
2 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 tsp Oregano
1 tablespoon Parsley
1 can light red kidney bean
1/2 a large head of cabbage
6 cups of water

Brown beef, chop all veggies while its browning, add all ingredients together, simmer for 1 1/2 hour! Viola!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Freezing works amazingly!!!! So happy to have passed this onto you and that you LOVE it!!! <3