Monday, September 10, 2012

Fire Trumps 10 on 10

Mary sent plenty reminders for us all to do the 10 on 10.  I had decided Sunday would be the day I would do mine.  Got up at 6 am, made coffee, packed sandwiches, gassed the car, picked Luke up from his friends, grabbed Rick and were on our way to hike to the top of Labrynth Mountain, on the way down 5th Street we were passed by 3 firetrucks, not a good sign.  This made Rick nervous so we turned back, good thing too, within hours the hill behind his house was engulfed in flames.  Hike was scrapped and fire proofing was in place!
As for the 10 on 10, I took a photo of coffee and kids and dogs in the car.  Since my 10 on 10 should've been on the hike,  I will still do it, but go with 10 of my favorite shots from some of the hikes this summer (not exactly a real 10 on 10, but it will have to do).
I enjoy hiking, but what I truly enjoy the most  is being able to share this experience with my kids.  I know these beautiful areas exists, but to see it through their eyes is the real experience for me.  Most of the hikes are suitable for most kids 6 and older. Colchuck being the longest and most technical, and Sauer Mountain you do gain over 2000 feet elevation in 2.5 miles. If you have little ones or new to hiking I highly recommend Lake Clara and just a little further Lake Marion. They are close to town, easy to get to and beautiful! Happy Hiking.

Sauer Mountain end of May



Sauer Mountain

This was a trail near Sun Mountain in Winthrop (more like a nature walk)

Suspension Bridge Mazama

Eightmile in June or July

Enroute to Lake Colchuck July

Lake Colchuck- July

Colchuck

Lake Clara- June

 
 
Lake Clara- June

No comments: