Friday, September 28, 2012

Day # too long....

For those that don't live here, this is what it's been like for almost 3 weeks now.  We had wind on Tuesday and a few hours of reprieve where our air quality was unhealthy for sensitive groups.  It didn't last long, we are back to hazardous.
I have lived here through many fires, but NEVER has this lasted so long.  We are making escapes on the weekends to the mountains that aren't burning.  A lot of friends are heading West to Seattle, but  I don't like sitting in a car for hours, I don't like traffic or crowded places, and I DO NOT enjoy shopping whatsoever.....I just want to be outside, so I will save that trip for total desperation! It's getting more and more difficult to find those smoke free hikes.  You have to check where the fires are burning and what direction the wind is going.  So in other words, if you can find any area (likely on Stevens Pass) to hike, you just have to make sure neighboring fires aren't smoking it in.
Here's what I do, I run on the treadmill, and because I don't have tv, I am catching up on all HGTV, I am swimming, which has been my favorite activity in this mess.   I've taken to shopping for things I don't need online, baking....oh and booking vacations to sunny destinations.  This smoke is getting expensive!
View to the South from my house...can you see the hills?  Not so much

View to the North at 9:30 am, they tell me the sun is out

2 comments:

kathleen c said...

Glad I'm not the only one who's been online shopping a bit more lately! :) I wish I was booking trips to sunny places, though. Buying ceiling tiles isn't as much fun. :)

Kristen said...

I am so sorry!!! My dad is elderly and totally and utterly depressed with all that smoke. Hang in there...!!!