Monday, December 9, 2013

My Furry Friend

Last week was chaotic to say the least. I don't even know how many days I ended up coming back to work because employees were dropping like flies, but I do know I was there 6 days in a row. Owning a business there are days and weeks like this, and it's just part of the game.
The reward, I totally appreciated my Monday. I was off work at 9, took the kids to school, came home and was freezing (12 degrees outside and not much better inside my house). Any case I decided I'd ride on the trainer to get warm then go swim, but after I rode I was warm, and the sun was out (my weakness), it had warmed up to 16 so I bundled up and took Kaiser on my new favorite trail. I discovered it a few weeks ago when he was not doing so well. We run on the streets for 2 miles and then come to a wonderful new trail, with amazing views the entire run. He was happy, I was happy, and we got 8 miles of running outside in! It was a really good day!
Some fun photos of my happy guy
 
 
After my Friday night run, I knew I needed a bit of a heavier, grippier trail shoe (I typically trail run in Brooks Cascadia, and love them). These are heavier but have better traction and more water resistant. Two thumbs up for these. The only downside (which is really just a problem for me), I have a very narrow foot and these were a bit wide...for me.
 
The only bad thing about working up a sweat in 16 degree weather is I spend the rest of my day looking like this (inside or outside, minus the sunglasses). My puffy, scarf and beanie stay on in the house, because I can't get warm!
 
 
 

No comments: