Sunday, December 15, 2013

Weekend

No snow yet, so still biking and running. It's a little bittersweet. I am ready to ski (we did trek up for the Stevens Pass Nordic center, but conditions were less than good, and spendy for what they offered). Trails are still opened around here for running, and the conditions are amazing, so that's quite a pleasant surprise, plus Rick has started running again! As for cycling. My threshold cold tolerance on the bike is about 32 degrees, it warmed up this week and I went back out. It's nice to keep that conditioning going, but I'm a bit bored of it right now, and I really don't like getting cold coming down, but still beats working out inside! Once a week of weights is about all I can stand. Excercise for me needs to be fun, and for me that is certainly not inside on a machine!

A few photo's from the weekend!
Fridays SaddleRock and beyond trail run. I haven't done this in a while so it was kind of nice, getting to the saddle (1mile) the trail was perfect, hard and frozen, the mile from there west was less traveled but, still a clear trail of packed snow, the next mile before the last hill and down to the "no tresspassin Hurds" sign was almost non existent, took a decent face plant while watching a hawk in this stretch!

Rick and I rode the monitor loop Saturday, I don't stop to take pictures when it's this cold because my hands take so long to get warm on the bike, but coming back in this was on the riverfront trail and it was so pretty.
Before the ride: this is how my Saturdays mornings have been spent the last few months. Lo and I going to work, Rick meeting up down there getting breakfast and he and Lo looking through the house finders. It's love!
 
Woke my son up for a sunrise run this am. I cherish my alone time with this kid so much. Can't say he was thrilled to go, but once we got going I think he actually enjoyed it. We were on a trail he hadn't been on and encounter at least 50 deer throughout the run, as the sun was coming up. A pretty great way to start the day!
 
 
Now on to National Lampoons Christmas, and more cookie baking!
 
 
 

No comments: