Sunday, December 1, 2013

Day 28,29 and 30

I'm late at posting all this but knew each day what  I was going to post, late nights just kept me from typing in bed!
Thursday the 28, grateful for new Thanksgiving traditions. This was my third Thanksgiving with Ricks family, I love it and look forward to it each year. In the years past with my Ex we would divide time between both families that day, leaving me stuffed and exhausted. I really like taking time and being present with people. Nothing bothers me as much as always having to rush off to be elsewhere (I have enough of that in my day to day). Rick's family is so large they all make a point to get together for Thanksgiving, so Christmas can be spent with each individual family at home. I love this! Most of us arrived Wednesday night, and all stayed until Friday. I feel very blessed to be a part of this!
This was the view on Friday from Pat's deck.
Friday the 29th, grateful my kids were home and we were together again. Simple as that.
Saturday 30th, my dog has not been doing well, his arthritis has been flairing up so much at times he can't move. For the last three weeks he's been resting, taking anti inflamitories and pain meds. Yesterday I put my running stuff on, he was looking perky and giving me the "look" (dog owners know the look) that he would be heart broken if I didn't take him. The ironic thing is, it was the last day to run Sage Hills before it's closed for the season, mine and his favorite place to run. So I thought what the hec, I will load him in the car (which because he can't jump is now the back seat), and if he can't go I will put him back in the car and run solo. This dog got out of the car and never stopped, he was so excited. It was such a great last run of the year at Sage for both of us, I was so grateful he was well enough to go!
Him in the car smiling (which yes he does do when he's excited)
And up near the top of lightning in the frost and fog
My 30 days of gratitude comes to an end. I have to say, while I posted one thing a day, everyday I was in awe of how much each day I had to be thankful for, at times it was hard to pick just one to blog. This is a good life, with great people and places in it!

No comments: