Saturday, December 21, 2013

Vacation for the Mind & Body

I took the advice from a friend three years ago, when that time of year rolls around again and my kids have to go to their dads for a week to either work a ton or get away. You don't have to tell me twice. This year hasn't been as bad, I was able to see the kids after school Wednesday and Thursday then Thursday night Rick and I took off to Bend for a little vacation. The key to getting away without my kids (who I love to travel with) is to go somewhere that's an adult playground. Where I can ride, run or ski for hours each day. Something that I normally wouldn't be able to do while they are with me.
We are having a blast. Bend is one of our favorite places to come together. I think in our 2 1/2 years together this is our 6th trip down here. It never disappoints. Endless trail running, mountain biking, road riding/running, skiing, kayaking then you add the fabulous coffee shops and brewery's....what's not to like. Snippets from yesterday and today.
Off of Phil's trail yesterday
 
Right in the middle of this trail system is a roundabout for Mtn bikers, called the flaming chicken. It's really pretty cool (and yes I am running in my ski clothes, because we were at bachelor then pulled over to this trailhead to run this trail)
Our friend use to teach computer science at this Catholic school before it was restored and converted in a brewery/hotel.
 
Found a new really cool coffee shop (I do love synesso espresso machines)
This is one of my absolute favorite trails right outside my friends house, I get super excited to run this!
 
 

No comments: