Friday, December 20, 2013

The Cookie(s) Got Me

They do every year. See that plain star in the icing, yep I just went for it!
I know I like, but not sure if I love them. I just have NO will power when it comes to iced goodies, things dipped in chocolate with holiday sprinkles,or.....you get the idea!
Typically this time of year I'm skate skiing like a mad woman, so other than feeling like I've overdosed on sugar it all works out. Three weeks into December we still have no snow so I am having to make myself do extra on the workouts (because of course I am not going to put down the cookie). My normal diet consists of coffee, water, veggies, fruit, grains and a little fish. I do not do artificial sweeteners (diet drinks/foods) and refuse to buy the sweats and junk I enjoy. Eating this way I feel energized and great, however with my recent sugar overload I'm a bit more sluggish! It's a compromise, if I am going to throw caution to the wind and indulge in all the holiday goodness, every run I will add two more miles, every swim an extra 400 yards. My normal Monday work out is rather nice, it's usually a five mile run and a 1400 yard swim, adding the extra is hard, but I personally find the indulgence at this time of year, totally worth it!
Keep on running!
 
 

No comments: