Sunday, December 8, 2013

No Plans

Do you ever hit that place in life where you don't make plans for the next step, but rather enjoy the very moment you are in? Maybe this is normal for most, but I have spent majority of my life planning for the next step. When I was married I was always looking to improve our life, what's the next house next car, next dog, next phase we will enter. Planning and being prepared. So imagine spending your life this way and then one day everything you planned changes, with no chance to prepare for it. It makes you stop, trust in something bigger.
I've been thinking a lot about this lately, not sure when it actually happened but I've realized how content, as well as happy I am in my life. I've been dating Rick for almost 2 1/2 years, so naturally I get asked a lot if we are living together. No, one day we will, but I see nothing wrong and in fact enjoy just the way my life is right now. I am very secure in my relationship, I also love having my own home. Of course we've talked and eventually I will either move into his house or we will sell both of our houses and find the perfect one for us, but it doesn't have to be now. I don't need to know when we will do this either, because I am happy in the now. I've realized there are things that contribute to this, being in a loving relationship, having the opportunity to be the one raising my kids, and being financially secure.
I get a glimpse here or there of what our future will be like, my kids are older and more independent now so Rick and I have a lot of time together. This weekend they were on their visit to their dads, we got to enjoy dinner at a friends, and heading up to ski on Sunday.....I am very glad I am 9 years younger than Rick, not sure I'd be able to keep up with him if I were his age. I won't go into the Friday night trail run, but he is an amazing athlete, and I am usually left sucking air just to keep him in sight!
Having amazing friends also contributes to such calm and happiness!
 
 

No comments: