Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Power of a Power Nap

On busy days at work, I go non stop for hours. No food, drink or restroom break, just slinging coffees and visiting. I LOVE this pace, and my time flies. However when I get off I have a few hours before getting my daughter. This is my workout window, the problem is the minute I stop the fast pace I crash. The remedy: I come home have a quick snack, sit down and set my alarm for 15 minutes later, and I close my eyes. I know when it goes off I need to get my running or cycling clothes on and go. I'm often groggy when I wake from the power snooze but within 10 minutes I am feeling refreshed and ready to go! Try it, it works!
 
Wanted to take some photos from my ride today but at 29 degrees I wasn't going to chance stopping and getting cold, but it was gorgeous and I definitely was in my happy place riding today!
Instead this is my chapped (but happy) face
 
This shirt makes riding in anything less than 30 possible. I also skate ski in it when it's between 4-24 degrees (below 4, I can't get my hands warm, so I don't go). It's the craft pro warm, an awesome base layer to own.
Happy Napping!
 

No comments: