Friday, January 17, 2014

Bloggers

I finally updated a list of some of the blogs I read (to the right of this page), in case you want to check them out!  The beauty of blogging, it's not in your face, seek it out and read it if you like, if not, then don't.
I started blogging after following my sisters blog for almost a year.  Her blog is about her, and her life.  Even though we talk regularly, I loved coming home from a busy day at work and sitting down to the computer to read the newest entry, and see pictures of my adorable nephew (and of course her dogs).   I am an avid reader, and personally I'd rather read about people I know, their joys, triumphs, and tribulations, than to tune into reality t.v.
Through blogging I was able to reconnect with an old tennis buddy, see her beautiful kids and follow her career as an AP sports writer in the Bay area.  I met another blogging buddy at a half marathon in Sunriver, I had been following her blog, but had never met her, and there we both were in Sunriver.  Another I met one day at church, when she was home visiting family (and again at an airport in Hawaii).  I follow my friend Sarah as she details her training up and downs (often drawing motivation from her posts), my other friend Sarah as she built her house,  and even though my sister and I live in the same town I still check hers often.  There are many more.  It is my social network of choice.  I blog.  I started it as a means to keep people informed in my life.  I work in customer service, and see hundreds of people every morning (most of which I would consider a friend),   they would often ask about me and the kids, blogging was the easiest and most efficient way to update those that wanted to know.  I am better at writing my thoughts and feelings out than verbally communicating them.  This came in handy when I was going through a divorce, everyone asked and wanted to know how I was doing, because they cared, but work was my escape and I just couldn't get into it there, so again I blogged.  This isn't for everyone, to put yourself and your life out there, but I made the decision to open my life up to you (I  recently changed my blog address to respect my sons privacy, if you remember my last name was in the address, removing that makes it harder for people to look him up).   For those that check it, I hope you enjoy it.  I don't think my life is that interesting, but it is my life and I love it, and well for those that don't, somehow you are curious enough to seek it out, so take from it what you will.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! And so true that blogging is a great outlet that gives people the opportunity to follow and participate- or not. The choice belongs to the reader, as opposed to other forms of social media where it's there and you see it whether you want to or not. People who check blogs do so because they have some interest in the story being told. I LOVE THIS!

Kristen said...

Absolutely! I love reading about you and your amazing kids and supporting you through this platform. I wish we could be real life friends, but who knows? Maybe someday we'll both live in Hawaii at the same time :-D You and your blog are always so inspiring - be it exercise, time and money management, photography or parenting!

hugs to you today, Jenni!