Monday, January 20, 2014

Comfort Zone

This girl amazes me in every way! This winter she said she wanted to learn to downhill. At 11 years old she wants to give it a go. I love that she is comfortable enough with herself to do things outside of her comfort level.
Well we've had the lesson package for over a month, and since there was no school today I thought it'd be the perfect day. It took a little arm twisting, then a little meltdown (we borrowed ski clothes and didn't try them on until right before needless to say she was swimming in them), managed to cinche up the pants, put layers under the coat, and reassured her she wouldn't be with the 4 and 5 year olds (although I was wondering that myself), we made it. She did it, and was a great sport. The staff was wonderful, great experience, and best of all she got a taste of it, now gets to decide for herself if this is something she wants to continue or not. Love her!
Back at the lodge, I was not humoring my oldest with attempts at selfie's
 
 

No comments: