Thursday, January 2, 2014

With Open Arms

2013 was pretty dang good, and set the bar high for 2014! I closed the year with our annual tradition (although my son is old enough to have other plans), a New Year's Eve movie. Lo, Rick and I saw Saving Mr Banks (fabulous by the way), I looked over at Rick at one point and just had a moment of, seriously how great is this guy. I love spending New Years with my kids, it's just my thing. I have no desire to go out spend a lot of money, drink so much that I feel like crap the next day, nope the mellow life is for me. This was Ricks third NYE partaking in our tradition, the fact that he is content and happy with this, I am one very lucky girl. We then went and rung in the New Year with our best friends, kids playing in the basements, men standing around discussing bikes and race goals for the year, woman discussing the fact that we are a unique (and patient) group of bike widows, meaning we are all used to the fact that our men disappear into the hills riding for hours and hours, yet we get it, and love them for it!
Entirely satisfied with my travels for 2013, and looking forward to some very BIG plans in 2014, free of car payments, and credit card debt, so happy with how busy work is, my kids are just truly amazing beings, loving my house and raising the kids just the way I want, very much in love with the most wonderful man, have the best friends and greatest family. Thank you 2013 for a content heart! Cheers to 2014!
New Years Eve Selfie
With the exception of a few that were ringing the year in, in Hawaii, couldn't imagine a better group of ladies to say good bye to 2013 and hello to 2014 with!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

happy new year! :-) you are inspiring!

Jenni said...

Thank you Kristen, Happy New YEar to you!