Sunday, January 5, 2014

Early Morning Here We Come

The stay cation is done. It was very nice, something I have wanted (needed) to do for a longtime. Financially it hasn't been in the cards the last few years, but with everything seemingly under control this year I went for it.  My son will be 18 in just over a year, this is my measure of how fast time escapes us. 
We pretty much didn't even leave the house the first two days, stayed up late watched movies and slept in! Thursday I had a daughter date with Lo to Seattle, we stayed at a great hotel downtown, she shopped (I followed) then went to Evita. I used to drag my ex to Broadway plays, and he was a good sport, but pretty sure this as nowhere near the top of his list, so to have someone that gets as excited as I do, and thoroughly enjoys everything from getting dressed up, to the applauding of the performers at the end of the show is such a treat!
 
After an 8 day running streak (added the stepmill on a few days for some excitement) I got back on my bike Saturday and went for an ok ride. I was a little gun shy on the patches that looked icy, but managed to fit my brace over my gloved hand, granted I can't brake or shift with my left hand yet, it mearly rests on the bars, but 11 days after crashing and fracturing my hand I am back. I have never ran that much in a row before and was ready for variety. I can't lift for at least another week, but may give the pool a try this week. The dogs have fully benefited from this accident! It's gorgeous here, but would be nice to have so little snow!
 
 

No comments: