Thursday, January 9, 2014

Hound Dog

Clearly I have a favorite dog, or at least one I take and do everything with, Kaiser my german Shepard. He is the best, easy, rides well in a car, loyal, can be off leashed...a dream. Then I have my hound dog, warning to potential hound owners: they have some issues! We adopted Obie when he was 2 from the humane society (more like I insisted we NEEDED to give him a home), nine years ago. He is awfully cute (when he's asleep), I feel like I have paid my dues as far as proving I am a responsible dog owner, after all I've kept him! The pros to Obie, he's extremely agile (however this is sometimes a con), he loves all people and animals, no dog ever seems threatened by him, he sleeps a solid nine hours. The cons; he's not loyal, will go with anyone one, doesn't listen, stubborn, steals food, he has been bailed out of doggie jail 3 times, cries non stop when he's awake if he's outside, cries nonstop if he's inside, snores loudly, at 6 inches off the ground but 65lbs he doesn't fit into the big dog or small dog or any world for that matter, oh he cries in the car too!
Because of the last issue we rarely take him anywhere, poor Lo sits in the backseat and has to deal with it. Yesterday however, my body was telling me it's a rest day (Achilles was super tight), but I really wanted to be outside. Loaded both Obie and Kaiser up and off we went to walk SaddleRock. It was crappy weather out so I knew not too many people would be out, Obie got to be free and happy, it was a wonderful time, and every now and then I totally love that little fella!
 
 

No comments: