Sunday, January 19, 2014

Motivation and Goals

I am a little behind coming up with my race/fitness goals for 2014. By now I've usually had my calendar out and figured out what races do and don't work. The only for sure one is another 70.3 triathlon, it's the first week of June so that means actual training for it will start in February (thank goodness). This will allow me the whole summer free with the kids, the downside with an early June race is the cold unpredictable waters conditions,yikes! There's a coule of trail runs, another Tri and potentially a Fondo I am interested in. Two years ago a friend and I trained for the Fondo, even rode the course only to wake up to snow that morning. I will ride in cold crappy conditions, but not for 80 miles. Last year I had the kids that weekend, another thing I balance. I won't sign up for any race that takes longer than an hour on the weekends I have my kids, for me it's just not worth it. Every other weekend they are at their Dads, leaving plenty of time to fit other races in.
 
Now for motivation, it's lacking. I miss that break in the winter when I get to skate ski, instead of cycling. Don't get me wrong I love to bike, its my favorite, however I like varietation. I had a window to ride today, seriously contemplated inside because this is what it looked like outside:
Not only dreary but 30 degrees. I went and managed to enjoy it, riding31 miles
But.....spent the next two hours trying to get warm after I got home!
 

No comments: