Sunday, February 5, 2012

Coming Around

I am starting to get the hang of this not having the kids every other weekend.  I have said this before and I will always stand firm on the fact that I had kids to raise them FULL time.   I realize others don't see the big deal missing every other weekend, but it's a big deal to me as their Mother, time goes too fast and I want to take it ALL in.  I do consider my parenting plan a best case scenario,  I am also grateful I didn't have to fight for this, very grateful.  But I would've.....
A year and 4 months later, I am learning to appreciate, as well as take advantage of the weekends my kids are cared for by their Dad. 
Before I met Rick I  decided  if I were to meet someone, they wouldn't have to share my activities.  Being in this relationship, I can't imagine NOT sharing these things with the person I love.  I now, as well as fun weekends with the kids, also look forward to my weekends with Rick.  To be able to share both of our passions for cycling and skiing, and the love of the Methow, I don't think I could ask for much more.
Today we jumped in the car and went to our favorite place, the Methow.   Skied 30K, I'm whooped, in that good kind of way!
Winthrop

Only a few miles into this, nearly 20 miles later I was a little less excited

No comments: