Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moments of Gratitude

I have to share.  Monday-Friday gets pretty crazy around here.  The hours after school  are busy!  The kids and I have systems in place,  we do Lo's homework packet on the weekend, we  eat by 6, and in bed by 8:30 (they have to be up at 5:45 and we're out the door by 6:15, hence the early to bed).   This week Lo has had play practice until 7:15 each night, so late dinner, late bathes, and tonight I was making her dinner and trying to organize everything she needed to do to be in bed by 8:30.   Because she didn't do her homework packet at her Dad's last weekend we were finishing up four pages of that too, and she needed help.  Sometimes there's not enough of me to go around.  Tonight I was thankful for two extra hands.  He chatted with Cal while I was busy, ran the phone up to Luke, then while I made Lo dinner sat and helped her with math problems.  It may seem small, but  goodness it was a huge help that left me filled with gratitude and love for this man!

No comments: