Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The little things

Our Momtography challenge this week is fill the frame.  My plan was to do this necklace/pendant piece that I wear all the time, wasn't satisfied with the photo for the challenge (AnnaBella is now my subject), but thought I'd share it on the blog anyways.
Here's the thing, I am NOT a jewelry person.  My ex once got me a Tiffany necklace/pendant, and while the gesture was nice, I kinda felt like he didn't know me at all.  It wasn't so much even the necklace but being a Tiffany felt totally pretentious to me.  Nothing wrong with jewelry,  it's just not my thing. 
In January of last year, I came across The Vintage Pearl, and   treated myself to this necklace (I've lost it once and had to order a new one).  I love it.  I wore it all the time, through some pretty tough days, almost as a reminder that no matter how bad things were, I had the greatest gift of all, two amazing little people.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

so lovely!!! i have wanted to order from the vintage pearl for over 3 years! your necklace is gorgeous!

Jenni said...

I love their simple little things!