Saturday, February 4, 2012

Not Quite the Beach, but close..

If I have to come back from Hawaii, then I guess I'll look forward to more of this!

The kids are with their Dad this weekend, and Rick was doing a 5 hour ride, so after we enjoyed a morning cup of coffee together, I had hours to myself.  A beautiful 30 minute drive up to the icicle trails,  then skied 28 Kilometers.  I did get done with the second lap (8K) and had a talk with myself, went something like this "Ok Jenni, how often do you have this much time to work out, what else would you be doing (beside cleaning my house), if Rick was here he'd ski 5 laps. Get a drink of water, take your coat off, and go back out and enjoy."  Should I be embarrassed to say I have talks with myself like that, often?  Along with cycling, skate skiing is my other favorite activity!






No comments: