Monday, February 20, 2012

Love

Just spent 3 amazing days in the Methow with the most amazing guy!  In all we skied almost 80k (50 miles) between the 3 days.
Too many amazing moments to share, but I will share one of the days that was just perfect and if you skate ski, this is a must!  If not, skip ahead to pictures because you may be bored.  The conditions for Sunday looked like they were going to be perfect, neither one of us had ever skied Mazama to Winthrop, but have wanted to.  Last time we were up there (2 weeks ago) we learned there is a shuttle that will pick you up at the Winthrop town trail head $5 a person and drop you off at the Mazama store.  This is PERFECT, only thing is make reservations ahead of time http://www.mvskishuttle.blogspot.com/!
The first 10K is along one of my favorite sections of the Community Trail, takes you across the suspension bridge through amazing trails and beautiful scenery (this is where I took pictures while skiing last time) to the Rolling Huts and a great restaurant called Wesolapolana  a MUST, check out their website for times, but open daily for breakfast, lunch and tapas. Thanks for the tip Joel!  This also makes the perfect stop for a cup of Blue Star coffee, or if you are doing an out and back with the wee ones, great stop for a treat or sandwich.
Next 10K is a blue trail (more difficult) you cross the highway and head out by Browns farm, and shortly there after starts climbing, but quite fun once you do the initial climbs becomes a lot of rollers, then bringing you back down to the river. 
Next 10k piece of cake, flat and pretty, only complaint would be as it hits afternoon the temperatures warm up  closer to Winthrop and you end up working a bit more.
All in all this may be my new favorite.
We of course ended the day with another favorite Twisp River Pub !
If you are ever interested in heading up there to ski, please get a hold of me.  I've skied all the green and blue in Mazama and Winthrop and a good portion in Sun Mountain.
This may state the obvious

Cheesy self photo as I wait

Needs no caption

Was working on my backlighting (last weeks challenge)

Great stuff in this store...always!

Have I mentioned I LOVE Blue Star coffee and they provide these all over Winthrop

Winter Wonderland
I know I am blessed.  I am experiencing all life has to offer, and loving, truly loving every minute of it!

No comments: